Thursday, February 12, 2009

12:49PM PST NEW DOWN FLAG


Afternoon trading, as it gets closer to the afternoon close at 2:15pm pst, is more likely to sell off or go sideways.
When it reopens at 3pm pst it can start moving again, as that re-establishes a new margin period.
At 4:15pm pst when the CBOT/CME gold opens, there can be a good deal of movement in trading I've noticed from time to time.
I prefer to stay away from trading the closer we get to the 2:15 pm pst gold close just in case something goes wrong and my position goes south. That way I prevent the possibility of a margin call too soon. I would rather start fresh with extra time to let gold move.
As gold moves into overnight trading is when bigger moves can take place, especially after midnight pst. You can make the same money, but it takes hours instead of minutes to do it versus the day session...usually. The night moves are starting to move much faster and in greater ranges than ever before. Just be sure to take your profits while you have them, even if you get out early. The way gold is trading, it is foolish to have profits disappear and go negative on you. It damages your attitude and confidence for future trades.
Nothing like a profit to keep your attitude positive. Today was VERY good for me, and I want to keep it that way.